Converse shoes have always been famous for their simple design and classic style, but what matters most is their comfort level. With a history of more than 100 years, Converse has continuously innovated to ensure comfort for users. So, are Converse shoes really comfortable? In what cases should you not use Converse? Let’s delve in this post to know!
Are Converse Comfortable?
Converse always brings a difference in applicability and creativity, and this is what has become the symbol of this brand. So to learn more about why Converse shoes are considered comfortable, let’s look at the following characteristics to evaluate:
Diverse use cases
Converse shoes can be used in any situation, regardless of whether you are walking, playing soccer, basketball, or simply moving every day with a simple fashion style. . This demonstrates their versatility and comfort in many different usage situations.
Special shoe sole
The material that makes the Converse shoe sole is thick molded rubber with a Waffle pattern sole. This creates flexibility and good grip on all types of terrain. The flat sole also feels comfortable like you’re walking barefoot, helping to reduce stress on your foot joints, especially when you have to move for long periods of time.
Soft and absorbent cushioning
Converse shoes come with soft cushioning, helping to reduce pressure on the feet. This pad also absorbs sweat well, does not cause stuffiness or odor. The thickness of the cushion supports smooth movement and prevents your feet from hurting when you have to move for long periods of time or stand for long periods of time.
Shoe body made of Canvas
Canvas is considered a fabric with good breathability. This prevents feet from stewing and helps reduce moisture in the shoes, while also minimizing odor. Thanks to this feature, your Converse shoes will have less odor than many other shoes.
What Are Converse Disadvantages?
Although Coverse can be considered the shoe “millions of people love”, they have some disadvantages that make many people give up their passion:
- Foot binding: A new pair of shoes will often cause foot binding because the shoe form is still new, stiff, and not yet tight to the foot. However, with Canvas fabric, the process of these shoes fitting your feet will be faster than other shoes, possibly after just one wear.
- No arch support: One downside of Converse shoes is that they do not support the arch of the foot. This means that if you have high arches or flat feet, you may feel uncomfortable wearing them. You can still use Converse shoes if you use additional inserts to support the defects of each foot.
- Easy to absorb water: Converse shoes are made of Canvas fabric so they are easy to get wet, moldy, difficult to treat stains, and easily discolored when washed.
- Expensive: Compared to other shoe brands, Converse can be quite expensive. However, many people feel that they are worth the price because of their comfort and durability.
What Tips To Make Converse Easy?
No need to worry about whether Converse shoes bring you comfort or not, you just need to apply the tips below to have an easier experience with your favorite shoes:
- Buy shoes in the afternoon: Why should you buy shoes in the afternoon? Because after your legs are active all day, in the afternoon your legs will be bigger than usual. Just like when you exercise a lot, your legs will feel bigger than when you relax. Therefore, to avoid buying shoes that are too tight for the actual shoe size, you should choose the afternoon to buy shoes.
- Choose a larger shoe size: Instead of choosing tight-fitting shoes, choose about half a size larger. Because this difference does not make much of a difference and creates comfort for your feet. For high-top Converse, choose a collar that can be easily put on and taken off, to avoid your feet being tight inside the shoes, causing discomfort and stuffiness. Although Converse is the ideal shoe for people with flat feet, however, when choosing shoes you should also buy larger than the actual size to avoid bruising or swelling of the feet.
For example, your shoe size is 5.5 UK (36 VN), now for more comfort you can choose size 6 UK (36.5).
- Don’t forget to choose shoes with suitable padding: Although Converse is famous for having padding thicker than your wallet, don’t forget if your foot condition is suitable. If not, you can buy it. Different cushioning to suit your feet. In addition, to limit heel pain when wearing shoes, you can pay attention to adding padding on the heel for more comfort when moving.
- Socks are indispensable: A pair of thick socks that match your Converse will definitely help you feel a billion times more confident than if you weren’t wearing socks. Choose socks to keep your feet comfortable and avoid blisters when moving.
Who Are Not The One For Converse?
Converse shoes are considered the national shoe for the majority of shoe users today. However, there are some situations or medical conditions that will not be suitable for simple Converse shoes. Here are some examples of medical conditions or conditions to consider before using Converse shoes:
- If you have injuries or problems with your legs or feet, consult your doctor before using Converse shoes. Because they may not provide enough support or stable cushioning for each specific injury or orthopedic condition.
- If you are experiencing swollen or bulging feet, Converse shoes can become cramped and uncomfortable. In this case, you should choose shoes that are larger in size or designed specifically for swollen feet.
- If you have painful foot conditions such as knee bone diseases or feel pain when moving, Converse shoes may not have enough support or cushioning and will make your knee condition worse.
- If you have problems with your spine, especially your back or hips, Converse shoes may not provide enough support for your spine. Choose shoes with cushioning and special back support if needed.
Are Converse Comforatble For Walking?
Converse shoes are a great choice for walking thanks to their comfort and lightweight design. Furthermore, the anti-slip sole contributes to your safety on all terrains. However, they may not be the optimal choice for hiking due to the lack of adequate arch support.
Are Chuck Taylors Converse Comfortable?
Chuck Taylors stand out as one of the most popular Converse shoe styles, and with good reason. They exude style and are available in a variety of colors and sizes. Whether it’s simple comfort or formal extravagance, Chuck Taylors can be a great choice.
Are Platform Converse Comfortable?
Platform Converse are great choice for short people who want to increase their height. Thanks to the super thick shoe cushioning, it will help you have an extremely comfortable experience, and be more confident with your height.
However, they may not be the best choice for extended walks or standing for long periods of time as they can put extra pressure on your feet due to their weight and lack of cushioning to support long movements.
Are Converse All Star Comfortable?
The All Star Converse shoe offers the same comfort as any other Converse shoe style. They are made from similar materials and have the same construction, making them comfortable to wear. Whether you prefer low-top or high-top shoes, All Stars are an excellent choice.
Are Converse Suitable For Standing For Long Periods Of Time?
Although Converse shoes are durable, they may not be a good choice for standing all day. They lack support and cushioning, which can cause fatigue in the feet.
If you need to stand for long periods of time, you may consider choosing a different style of shoe or supplementing the sole with different support.
Are Converse High Top Comfortable?
If you are new to wearing high top shoes, they may feel a bit strange or uncomfortable at first. However, once this has been shoeded, like other Converse shoe styles, they become comfortable.
It’s important to remember that Converse shoes have flat soles, and if you’ve never worn Converse or any flat shoes before, you may need cushioning for your feet. Your feet may not be used to this, but you can add extra cushioning to your shoes. These thick cushions are available for purchase online and at stores.
Is Converse Suitable For Flat Feet?
While Converse shoes can provide comfort for people with flat feet, they may not provide enough support. If you have flat feet, you can try wearing them with arch support pads. Furthermore, if you are looking for additional support, you may want to consider an alternative shoe style.
Is Converse Suitable For Plantar Fasciitis?
For those struggling with plantar fasciitis, choosing comfortable footwear can be a conundrum. However, many people with this condition claim that Converse shoes are a viable option. This is due to their lightweight construction, and if you insert cushioned insoles specifically designed for plantar fasciitis, you can reduce foot discomfort and enjoy the comfort of Converse shoes. Furthermore, the anti-slip sole enhances your safety on a variety of surfaces.
Are Converse Suitable for Running?
Converse shoes are not designed for running and are therefore not a suitable choice for this purpose. While you can go for short jogs in Converse shoes, they lack the essential support and cushioning needed for running. Additionally, Converse shoe soles are not designed to provide enough traction, potentially compromising safety during runs.
If you’re looking for new running shoes, you should choose a specialized shoe style designed specifically for running.