What Are the Best Shoes for Cutting Grass? Buying guide & Reviews 2019
One of the inevitable home chores that you may often do is to maintain the beautiful landscape in your backyard. In order to do this, you have to wear the best shoes for cutting grass, and for working in your yard. Choosing the proper lawn mowing shoes for you won’t be a problem because we will provide a list of the perfect options you can select from.
To help you in purchasing the right shoes for you, we have listed the pros and cons for each shoe for your perusal and consideration. Be a smart shopper and save your time, energy and money by going through these prepared recommendations.
Top 3 Best Shoes for Cutting Grass 2019
The kujo yardwear features EVA mid soles that are comfortably cushioned, and outsoles that are slip resistant. You can quickly remove the insoles to clean them. These kujo shoes are also abrasion resistant and are made of waterproof SPU toe material. What more, your feet can 'breathe' due to the unique air mesh design of these lawn grip shoes.
A pair of Kujos is one of best shoes for cutting grass, as it has antimicrobial properties. This incredible property will prevent the accumulation of microorganisms and hence, foot diseases. Whether you’re gardening, cutting lawn grass, mowing, or simply out for a walk in the yard, this pair of footwear is highly recommended.
- Easy to carry around because they’re lightweight
- Provide stability on ground due to their aggressive outsole lugs
- Can be conveniently cleaned as their coatings are waterproof
- Comfortable to wear with cushioned insoles
- Keep feet dry and safe due to their breathable mesh
- Prevent foot diseases with their anti-microbial property
- Sturdy yard work shoes you can use for long months
- A few clients complained that the sizes run small
- Two buyers reported of discomfort upon prolonged wear
Naturally, the best shoes for wet weather when cutting grass on push lawn mowers are waterproof shoes. Merrells are not only ideal as grass cutting shoes, but are also excellent for hiking. The outsoles are of Vibram TC5 and the insoles are air cushioned to ensure your comfort. The closed-cell foam tongue design keeps debris and moisture from invading your lawngrips shoes.
The breathable upper mesh decreases the risk of moisture accumulation. You wouldn't want your feet all damp after operating heavy machinery or cutting Ryegrass or Bermuda grass. Their Nylon Arch Shanks permit excellent foot flexibility, and the ample EVA lug depth ensures stability on your feet. Whatever the type of your lawn: Fescue grass, Rocky Soil, Zoysia lawn, or Bluegrass; these are good shoes for lawn maintenance.
- Comfortable for a variety of physical activities
- No need to break-in; as they are easy to wear
- Durable and long lasting, since they are made of high quality materials
- Decrease the risk of foot infection due to water-resistant feature
- Ensures stability with their soft, Foam Rubber design
- Superb even during wet seasons as they are like lawn grip boots
- Two buyers complained that the shoes’ soles fell–off after a few months
- One buyer reported that the heaviness of the yard work boots made it difficult to move
These best men's shoes for yard work offer comfort and convenience. The durable soles are synthetic and have a 100% Crosslite component. The landscaping shoes are lightweight and are designed to fit into the contours of your feet. You can be fashionable with their classic design; bone and ecru colors.
The perennial problem of having to choose a pair of best lawn mowing shoes is a common problem. The dilemma of finding a pair of shoes that can also be the best boots for dairy farmers can be daunting too. With the crocs, these problems are solved. It’s because you can wear the toe boots at any indoor or outdoor events, as they are designed elegantly. Yes, it’s like shooting two birds with one stone.
- Easy to wear with their slip-on design
- Trendy design and colors, you can wear them anywhere
- Lightweight to carry or wear anywhere you go
- Best shoes to cut grass in due to their comfort and safety features
- Convenient and easy to clean with soap and water
- Quick to dry for continued use
- Designed to fit into the shoe size ordered
- One customer complained about the design and the uncomfortable quality
- A few buyers reported the “hard plastic” caused discomfort
Buying Tips for Best Shoes for Cutting Grass
Selecting a good pair of shoes can be difficult without a buying guide. To help you more in choosing the most appropriate shoes for you, here are some tips that you could follow.
Determine the specific purpose for your shoes
- If you want to select the best shoes for lawn mowing or cutting grass, you have to know your specific purpose. Do you plan to use it only as a lawn care shoes, or do you want to use it for outings, or for the gym, or for jogging?
- If you plan on using them only for your lawn, then opt for the lawngrips lawn-mowing shoes. Otherwise, you may want to prefer brighter colors and elegant designs as all-purpose shoes. Aside from the brands listed here, XpressCool offers some elegant mid boots that you may want to consider. Also, Chevron tread delta suede shoes can be another option you may want to look into.
Prioritize your comfort
- Keep in mind that what may be comfortable for another person may not be comfortable to you. To ensure this, you have to know your exact shoe size. Are the shoe sizes of that certain brand in congruent with yours? There are certain brands that have sizing problems.
- You must be comfortable wearing the lawn moving shoes even after prolonged use. This aspect is crucial when you have foot deformities. In such cases, you may want to consult your podiatrist first before deciding what to purchase.
- Durability is one significant aspect when buying the best shoes for cutting grass. A durable pair of shoes would save you hundreds of dollars per year.
- You can never eschew your chore of maintaining a well-manicured lawn; hence, the best shoes you can wear to cut grass are essential and are a perennial need. Choose a pair that you could use comfortably and with ease.
Choose a trendy design and color
- Unless, you want to buy another pair shoes for your other outdoor activities, you may want to buy shoes that have a trendy design and color. This would allow you to wear the shoes when attending to all of your outside activities.
- You can wear them when going out with your friends, going to the grocery, or simply taking your morning walk. This smart practice could also save you money when buying shoes.
Find one with good ground traction and stability
- The ground can get slippery, especially when wet; so, it’s best that you select a pair of shoes with a good ground traction. The soles must have the ability to secure your feet firmly to the ground and, simultaneously, allow you to move with flexibility.
- Accidents can happen when your shoes are slippery, and when you keep teetering on your feet. This is most especially crucial for older people who can lose their balance easily. With enough traction, you can go about your work with lesser worries.
Scrutinize the shoes’ materials; they should offer breathabilitytoo
- One major problem encountered when wearing footwear is the accumulation of moisture that can cause bad odor - or worse – foot infections. At least, the upper portion of the shoes must allow adequate ventilation inside your feet.
- Meshes and materials with pores can do the trick. Fiberglass materials may not be suitable with some designs; thus, look into the breathability features before buying.
Check that there is sufficient protection of your feet from debris and water.
- The shoes should be designed in such a way that the feet are protected from debris and water. Find out if the collar covers your feet properly and that the shoes’ outer material is waterproof and debris repellent.
- Furthermore, are the soles tough enough to withstand ground impact? Soles made up of weak and poor material can cause injury to your feet. Is there enough soft rubber or foam inside the shoes to decrease your risk of injury?
Determine the flexibility of the shoes’ materials
- The flexibility of the shoes is vital to how freely you can move around while working in your lawn. The material must have the capability to stretch and conform to the shape of your feet.
- There are a number of shoes that are made of hard materials, and have limited flexibility. This would tend to cause discomfort, and would gradually cause pain in the long run.
These are the top 3 best shoes for cutting grass that we recommend. You could choose any of the top 3 products. Nevertheless, if you want one recommendation, then the Crocs Men's and Women's Classic Clog is the best among the three.
Don’t take our word for it though. After all, it’s your preferences that truly matters. Go through the buying tips and check them one by one. This will help you decide your final pick. Enjoy beautifying your yard, while wearing the best shoes that could fit you perfectly.